The relevant departments: Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), Department of Medical Services, Ministry of Public Health (PTI), Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine. Including a network of relevant universities is continuing to research cannabis extracts for medicinal purposes according to medical indications. But there are still some precautions to be taken when using cannabis extracts because it’s not that All patients will be able to use it to treat the disease.
For clarity, Dr. Somsak Ankasil, Director-General of the Department of Medical Services Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), explains that medical cannabis extracts can be used for medical benefits. The Ministry of Public Health has prepared for patients to benefit fully. The Department of Medicine has already prepared a research outline. And ready for hospitals everywhere. Use this research project in conjunction with the Department of Medicine. To get an extensive database of things to watch out for from the use of medicinal cannabis extracts, for example.
“Importantly, patients should not use cannabis extract as a substitute for treatment from modern medicine. or as the first treatment option Or use it from word of mouth because in the past, we have found that people affected by the use of cannabis extracts range from drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness, anxiety, and paranoia that someone will hurt their body. Mania, etc., therefore should not use medicinal cannabis extracts themselves. Should consult a doctor and pharmacist who has been trained,” said Dr. Somsak.
Dr. Somsak continues that the initial use of medical marijuana is limited to use in 3 groups: Drug-resistant epilepsy, Nausea, and vomiting caused by standard chemotherapy drugs are ineffective. Muscle spasms in patients with multiple sclerosis and neuralgia where other treatment methods are ineffective.
- A group of conditions in which cannabis extract might help control the symptoms of the disease. There should be supporting academic information. More research on safety and effectiveness issues. To support its use in Parkinson’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease Multiple sclerosis, anxiety disorders, palliative care, and terminal cancer patients and 3. a group of diseases or conditions that may benefit in the future which will require research studies
Dr. Manoon Leechawengwong, Head of Respiratory and Lung Disease Wichaiyut Hospital, said that for medical marijuana, The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the use of CBD in pregnant women. and prohibited advertisements claiming that CBD is a medicinal drug. Except for epilepsy that is difficult to treat in children is epilepsy in children that is difficult to treat. (Lennox–Gastaut) and Dravet disease only because there is no medical evidence that CBD can cure other diseases.
In addition, high doses of CBD have also been reported to cause hepatitis. Three livers had to be replaced, and two died. Sick people should use cbd öl, which doctors have no choice in using modern medicine only Because of the apparent dangers and side effects of cannabis oil extracts:
- Patients need to go to emergency departments in various hospitals, both states. and private sectors across the country, Which comes with symptoms of Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, heart palpitations; some people have hallucinations because our crude hemp oil contains THC, a drug that has a neuroprotective effect that is eight times higher than CBD.
Dr. Manoon continued that
- Some patients left their regular medications. Instead of getting better and worse, they are turning to cbd öl, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cirrhosis, renal impairment, atherosclerosis, and AIDS. Because stopping the medication used regularly causes sugar, blood pressure to rise, liver and kidney values deteriorate. Drug-resistant HIV is followed by complications that make it more challenging to treat. And some people use both regular pills together with hemp oil. This can lead to side effects from interactions between cannabis oil and medications you use regularly. May increase or decrease the dose of the drug by eating regularly, depending on the type of people who consume marijuana unknown
- receive long-term side effects from eating toxic contamination from hemp oil, pesticides, and heavy metals
- There is a long-term risk of developing pneumonia from aspiration cbd öl into the lungs if the drops under the tongue are used in older adults and people with brain diseases who have swallowing problems.