No one knows when an emergency might strike. It is for this reason that you should always have overseas health insurance in place before traveling overseas. An OVHC policy can provide you with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you and your family are covered in the event of a medical emergency while overseas whether working or traveling.

If you’re out studying on a 500 Visa, your medical expenses must be covered by an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Again, this is mandatory if you’re still studying but what about when all those hours in the library turn into nine-to-five?

You’ll need to get yourself Temporary Graduate 485 Overseas Visitor Health Coverage (OVHC) which will help with inevitable emergencies while working in Australia.

It’s also highly recommended for any visa applicant planning trips to ‘the land Down Under’ who want peace of mind knowing their money can be accessed quickly should anything happen!

The best way to find a suitable and pocket-friendly overseas health insurance is by comparison. The website ‘’ will help you to compare all various policies from top-notch OVHC providers at once so that it’s easier for you to choose one.

Especially, in the time of COVID-19 and the recently spotted OMICRON variant, it is in the best interest to know your current health situation and opt for a suitable overseas health insurance plan.

Least to say that exercising regularly, having healthy food habits, regular body checkups, and knowing vitals from time to time will go a long way.

View original infographic source: Make your stay at Australia a Pocket-friendly one with an Overseas Health Insurance Cover

Comments are closed.