A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to have a couples consultation with a friend of mine who is getting married in about a year. During the consultation, one of the most important topics we discussed was selecting a physician for our wedding. After much deliberation, we decided to go with Dallas’ best facial Plastic Surgeon and one Dermatologist.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon specializes in reconstruction and in reconstructive surgery (for aesthetic purposes only). The Dermatologist we chose specializes in skin cancer treatments and is also certified in sepsis (skin infection prevention).
In this post, I want to discuss some of the key differences between these 2 types of physicians so that you can make an informed decision when choosing who to consult for your unique needs.
What to consider?
There are a lot of things you need to consider when choosing which dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see. Some of the factors you might want to consider are:
- The degree of training the dermatologist or plastic surgeon has in skin care and reconstruction. Skincare is one of the most important aspects of reconstructive surgery. A dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has undergone extensive training in skincare and reconstruction will be better equipped to provide you with the best possible treatment.
As noted by Schweiger Dermatology Group, it is important to choose a doctor who has been extensively trained in skin care and reconstruction, as this will ensure that your treatment will be tailored specifically to your needs. Additionally, a skilled doctor will have an understanding of the latest techniques and treatments available for skin conditions such as acne scars, burn scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Whether the dermatologist or plastic surgeon has experience with specific procedures, such as breast surgery or facial contouring. These can make a huge difference in the quality of care they provide. Having prior experience means that the doctor is more likely to have an understanding of the patient’s anatomy and how different procedures may affect their skin. In addition, having prior experience can help reduce surgical Anxiety for patients.
- Whether the dermatologist or plastic surgeon is board certified. This indicates that they have completed rigorous educational requirements in their field.
- The reputation of the institution where the dermatologist or plastic surgeon practices. Many people believe that the reputation of the institution where a dermatologist or plastic surgeon practices is very important. This is because patients often choose an institution based on its reputation, and they may not be satisfied with the care they receive if the doctor practicing at that hospital does not have a good track record.
In fact, research has shown that patients are more likely to report negative experiences with medical providers when their doctors work at institutions with lower reputations. Additionally, these patients are also more likely to experience complications from their treatment. So it’s important for dermatologists and plastic surgeons who want to maintain positive patient reviews to practice at an institution with a good reputation.
- The price range for services provided by the dermatologist or plastic surgeon. In order to find the best price for services provided by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it is important to know what range of prices they typically work within. On average, these professionals charge between $250 and $2,000 per surgery. However, there are some exceptional cases where fees can be as high as $10,000 or more. It is also important to keep in mind that this range does not include incidental charges such as X-rays or lab tests.
When you are looking to find the right dermatologist or plastic surgeon for your needs, it is important to consider a variety of factors. You should always talk with friends and family members who have had good experiences with particular doctors before making an appointment, and be sure to ask about any concerns they may have.
It is also important to research the different types of procedures that the doctor offers to get a better idea of what might be best suited for you. Make sure that you are able-bodied and comfortable negotiating long visits without distraction so that you can receive the best care possible. Finally, it’s important to note that while both types of physicians can provide excellent care for aesthetic concerns such as wrinkles and blemishes, only a plastic surgeon can correct structural abnormalities like birthmarks or scarring.