Ecommerce is a term used to describe the sale of goods online. People tend to think that e-commerce = Amazon.com, but that’s not always the case! E-commerce covers all types of businesses, from small stores to large enterprises selling products and services online. About 30-40% of all retail sales occur over the Internet. You may not have realized, but there are several ways companies can create the Premium WordPress WooCommerce Themes
for less than you expect. When designing a new store or updating an existing site, we’ve listed 10 best practices to consider to ensure shoppers are happy with their shopping experience and are more likely to come back for more business.
1) Responsive mobile application creation In 2015, mobile traffic finally overtook desktop traffic. This trend is only going to continue so your eCommerce website must be mobile responsive. This means that the site will automatically resize and reorganize its content to best fit the screen of the device being used. Not only is this important from a usability standpoint, but Google also gives preference to websites that are mobile responsive when ranking them in search engine results pages (SERPS).
2) Use A Shopping Cart Plugin that allows customers to add items to their virtual shopping cart as they browse your website. Once they’ve added all the items they want, they can then proceed to checkout and pay for their purchases all one go. This is a much more efficient process than checking out and paying for each item as they’re added to the cart. This result is a decrease in abandoned carts, which tends to happen when people get tired of adding items and then having to go through the checkout process again.
3) Utilize Page Layouts That Work Effectively On All Devices There’s no longer such a thing as one-size-fits-all designs for web pages. Your best bet is to provide multiple layouts that can easily be modified according to device width. You need to make sure your website scales and responds well on mobile devices and larger computer screens alike! You can read more about responsive design here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design
4) Use Product Images That Pop One of the best ways to entice customers into buying your products is by using high-quality product images. It doesn’t just mean downloading product photos you’ve taken to your phone. Use a good photo editing program to create beautiful, high-resolution images that capture the essence of the product you are selling. People want to see the products they buy and feel they can trust you as a seller.
5) Use feedback People love to read reviews before buying. They are making smart decisions and want to know that others have had good experiences with you. Make sure your website has a review section and keep up to date with new positive reviews.
6) Use a good e-commerce platform There are many different e-commerce platforms, but not all are the same. You should use a platform that is reliable, easy to use, and has a good track record. Shopify is a great example of an eCommerce platform that meets all these requirements.
7) Multiple payment options available It is important to provide multiple payment options so that customers can choose the one that best suits their needs. This may include options such as PayPal, credit card payments, Bitcoin, and more. The best way to figure out which payment option is best for your company is to do your research first and test it on a small scale. Make sure the checkout button/link is easy to find and display on every page of your site. Don’t make people think you have to find a place to pay you!
8) Use SEO best practices Advanced search engine optimization (SEO) skills are essential for any eCommerce website. Without best practices, Google doesn’t even know your site exists. This means less traffic through search engine results pages (SERPS). To avoid this, properly title and tag each page of your website with relevant keywords while also ensuring that each page is well optimized for keywords.
9) Use A Mobile View Plugin Using a plugin like this one will make it easy for customers to view your site on their phone or tablet. Without having to search around, they can easily find what it is they’re looking for and take the appropriate action (i.e. buying your product!) This makes them more likely to stick around which means that you could be rewarded with an increased conversion rate as well!
10) Build Trust With Site Security And SSL Certificate If you’re collecting sensitive information such as credit card details, best practice would dictate that you use HTTPS:// in your website URLshigh-quality instead of HTTP:// You also want to ensure that there is a lock symbol displayed in the address bar when someone visits your site. This tells customers that you take their security seriously and that their data is safe with you.
These are just some of the best practices that you can implement on your Premium WordPress WooCommerce Themes for WordPress to boost sales and conversions. Follow these tips and you will see a noticeable improvement in your earnings!